Do you like peppermint? Would you like a little vodka to go with that? Do you like spiking your hot chocolate? Do you like sharing good things with your friends? If the answer to one or all of these questions is a “yes,” then you’ve come to the right place.
Peppermint schnapps is a mint-flavored spirit that can be sipped on its own or mixed into winter cocktails. It’s great to have a bottle on hand to mix into cocktails, but my favorite thing to do with peppermint schnapps is to mix it into a hot chocolate. That drink will warm you up in all the right ways! Share the love by bottling little batches and giving them away as gifts or party favors.
By putting them in these cute little gift jars, they make for the perfect homemade party favors that everyone will love to take home. I set mine out alongside Peppermint Bark from Fannie May so that guests could grab a tasty bite on their way out. The holiday tin that the peppermint bark comes in so so adorable, it added to the party decor when set alongside our little homemade party gifts.
- 3 cups of vodka (The better quality vodka you use, the more likely it is that the schnapps will be drinkable on its own. But I wouldn’t necessarily do the highest end vodka either. You are going to be mixing it with sugar and peppermint, so a mid-grade vodka will do.)
- 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Bottles (I used stainless steel lidded spice jars from World Market)
- Labels (I kept it simple by printing the labels from Microsoft Word, and used Courier New font. )
- Make a simple syrup by combining the water and sugar over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Once cool, add the vodka to the simple syrup and stir.
- Pour into bottles.
- Makes: About 6
More Pepperminty Treats for the Holidays:
Holiday Joy Mint Meltaways from Fannie May
Nutcracker Peppermint Bark Bites from Cheryl’s
Peppermint Bark Christmas Cake from Harry & David